On Fri, Mar 27, 2020, at 2:46 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
> Innuendo is a veiled or equivocal attack on character or reputation. This
> isn't respectful discourse and is not okay as a member of the Fedora
Sounds like, "discuss personnel issues in private and only among impacted parties." Seems reasonable for 99% of cases. What's the recourse for the other 1%?
I decided look it up the words on Google because I haven't studied language. 
Based on the definition, the term "innuendo" seems to apply to the muted thread, as well as the term "equivocal."
This thread, on the other hand clears the uncertainty of the previous discussion, though obviously doesn't tell all sides.
noun: innuendo; plural noun: innuendoes; plural noun: innuendos
an allusive or oblique remark or hint, typically a suggestive or disparaging one.
(of a remark or reference) working by suggestion rather than explicit mention.
not explicit or direct in addressing a point.
open to more than one interpretation; ambiguous.
"the equivocal nature of her remarks"
uncertain or questionable in nature.
council-discuss mailing list -- firstname.lastname@example.org
To unsubscribe send an email to email@example.com
Fedora Code of Conduct: https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/project/code-of-conduct/
List Guidelines: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
List Archives: https://firstname.lastname@example.org